Old 10-08-15, 03:26 PM
jhatfie

Bikes: 2015 Focus Cayo 4.0 Disc, 2015 Breezer Repack Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fit problems with CS-4600 cassette and wheel with 11 speed hub?

I recently picked up a AClass CXD5 wheelset for my Diamondback Century Disc. My plan was to make it my main wheels and keep my old rear for trainer use. In order to hopefully keep swapping easy, I picked up another Shimano CS-4600 12-30T 10 speed cassette as that is what is on my old wheel.

The new wheel has a 11 speed hub and came with a spacer for 10 speed cassette use. However when I use the provided spacer, the cassette protrudes too far and I am unable to thread the lockring in place. The cassette did not come with a 1mm spacer like a 105 or Ultegra cassette would. If I mount just the cassette without the provided spacer (1.8mm I think), the lockring threads properly and there does not appear to be any movement, but that does not make sense to me as everything I have read states I need to use that spacer.

Should I pick up a 1mm spacer to use since the one provided with the wheel appears to be too thick? I have rechecked multiple times to make sure the cassette in installed correctly. Thanks in advance for any advice.