View Single Post
Old 03-17-21, 08:33 PM
brixxton
resykler

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Reparto Corsa, Mongoose IBOC Campagnolo, Schwinn Super Sport, Mairag 4 Star, Canondale Criterium, Centurion Accordo RS, Specialized Hard Rock 1st Gen, Bianchi Special '81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 39 Posts
There not making any more!!

Originally Posted by bikemig
A couple of things to keep in mind. First, you just received a range of valuations. Throw out the low one (that's mine) and the high. Somewhere in the middle is probably a pretty decent valuation.

Second, ebay prices are just that; they're ebay prices. You need to find the prices at which items sold for.

Third, there is something odd about that eBay bike and it’s a really, really high price. That bike has a Reynolds frame, but the stickers don't look right and the seller says that he or she does not believe this is Reynolds. Your bike I believe is hi tensile steel. Nothing wrong with that but that lowers the value. The parts are lower end as well with steel rims, a steel cottered crank, and low end campy derailleurs.

At $200 plus (which is where the valuations came in), there are "better" bikes out there but maybe they lack the right coolness factor. Your bike is cool in an old fashioned way and that may well sustain a higher valuation that I gave to it.
First ,thankyou all for your input.
I can assure you both frames are identical, probably part of the same 1970' California import .
Of course mine is more than a frame and once truly finished will be a rare example of 1970"s Italian "bling". Who wants to spend $3K on a ((((***)) only to be lost in a crowd of them.
of course that guy must be dreaming, or he knows something...