View Single Post
Old 12-16-22, 11:14 AM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 2,799 Times in 532 Posts
Superdeal you got there, bike looks in fantastic condition and love that paint scheme. Be sure to post it in here when your done: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...l#post22520356

I'm sure I've seen your paint scheme in there that may help with dating, but haven't the time to wade through all that now. As said above though Barbara at Tommasini is super helpful so I'm sure she'll tell you exactly.

I have a multi colored paneled Tommasini too, that Barbara dated to 1991 so my guess yours is around then, maybe a bit earlier.

Mine has modernish 10 speed and clincher wheels and 28c tyres for some more modern luxury. I'm sure the tubulars would ride great, slightly better than clinchers of the same wheel in my experience. I have some too but live in London where the streets are strewn with broken glass so I've never felt comfortable riding them around even when I do have spare pre glued tyre. Its undoubtedly more of a faff to replace tubulars and even then its really a limp home measure for fear of rolling tyre off the rim. So for the reduced anxiety more than anything I'm on clinchers and don't think you'll regret it.

I recently received this fresh in from Italy too
Likes For botty kayer: