View Single Post
Old 08-02-21, 11:54 AM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Today I have what looks exactly like a serious hickey on the side of my neck, about midway between my collarbone and jawline. I swear it is a bee sting.

I was out for a nice ride Saturday afternoon, just minding my own business and not bothering anyone, least of all the local insects. During a short, steep descent, with both of my hands on the bar in preparation for braking at an upcoming intersection, something started stinging me. I could do nothing about it for several seconds. As soon as I could safely pull over and stop, I used my phone camera to check the damage. I didn't see anything at that time, and I proceeded with my ride. Arriving at home a few hours later, I checked in the mirror and found there was still a stinger embedded in the skin. Getting it out was easy enough, but today it still itches, and it's red and slightly swollen.

I swear it's not from fooling around. It's a bee sting from my bike ride. My wife saw it and just laughed. She's been stung several times while riding, usually inside her bra! We can't figure out what makes the nasty critters fly in there and then attack, but they do.