View Single Post
Old 12-16-20, 09:48 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2953 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Apple in their infinite wisdom making all their power cables magnetic......agrrhhhhh! It fell off mid-Zwift and the laptop died. I was in the last 30sec of the last rep of the last set. I retrieved the file for Strava/TP, but was still pissed. Oh well.

I am doing the workouts listed, but don't really understand the whole lower cadence or specific cadence drills versus just whatever you're comfortable with.

Anyone have any reasoning behind "75rpm for 5min, 80rpm for 5min, 85rpm for 5min" versus "whatever for 15min". I don't get it.
I did the Build Me Up plan earlier this fall and it had a lot of different cadence targets that I found a little annoying at first, mostly because I have a dumb trainer so I have to do a lot of shifting to hit the power and cadence. After awhile I decided that the most important thing was to hit the power target, if I could do cadence too then great, but no biggie if not.
Likes For caloso: