View Single Post
Old 07-09-21, 10:25 AM
brixxton
resykler

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Reparto Corsa, Mongoose IBOC Campagnolo, Schwinn Super Sport, Mairag 4 Star, Canondale Criterium, Centurion Accordo RS, Specialized Hard Rock 1st Gen, Bianchi Special '81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Toyota

Originally Posted by nlerner
Schwinn Paramounts sell for lots of money so my Schwinn Continental should, too.
Originally Posted by altomaton
I envy the enthusiasm, but the €1100 Garlatti is a much, much, much nicer bicycle than the one you own. Even if you were to restore your Garlatti to pristine condition, it still would not be worth anywhere near €1100. The quality of an item dictates the value, not just the brand name. A Toyota Corolla can be purchased for much less than a Toyota Supra, for example.
I totally get your point. Both the Pristine models are using the same Gearset and tackle. The main differences appear to be the drilled chaining and brakes spotting much drilling, god I love the way it looks and luckily have a pair. Stem and bars the same, got some NOS pedals.
So what if I put a later gen rear derailleur on
leaving the cool "matchbox' one on the front and using drilled levers with a pair of Dia Compe Royales? or Tektro R556? are we still looking at a Ford pretending to be an Aston Martin?
I have the decals on order although mine has a super cool name plate up front and superior fork cowns and lest we forget the water bottle cage

Don't stress it's not set up and cheers in advance for not being nasty, boring or putting on women's clothing and dancing round in bars