Old 06-29-22, 12:16 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9647 Post(s)
Liked 6,363 Times in 3,503 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
I'm glad I don't feel the need to have The Next Big Thing. That would be expensive. I have had a tendency, even in buying new stuff, to take advantage of the deals available on the last generation of something when the next generation comes out. I got 1/3 off the list price of $3000 on the Ritchey back in 1997 because it was 8 speed DA and the 9 speed just came out. When I built up the Battaglin in 2007, I kitted it out with 2006 Chorus - bright alloy stuff instead of the then-new black. When I bought the Dodge in 2014 I got $8K off MSRP because the significantly refreshed 2015s were coming out.

So, I'm glad one can now get 105 in Di2 with disc brakes, but I won't be lining up for it.
I often do the same, which is why I'm watching that Emonda. 25% off for a "last year's" tech bike is pretty good. I'd really like to go electronic on the Domane, and the savings of the 105 over the Ultegra is too much to ignore, especially since the 105 on it has worked fine for me without any real failures.

I don't have 11 bikes, so there is that.

Last sports car I bought was 8 months old with only 5k on the odometer. Saved me roughly $25k over new. There are lots of places where slightly used or "last year's model" will save some real money.
Likes For Mojo31: