PhotoJoe 
Just Plain Slow

Bikes: Lynskey R230

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by roccobike
IMHO, you should hold off on this one. I don't think that's so great a price. It's not bad, but it's not blockbuster, 'they'll be out of stock tomorrow' type price. It's the end of the year and lots of shops will be having sales. I'll bet you can find a better deal in that price range within the next month. As has been said, old 105 will be on sale big time to make room for the new design..........except for BD who will continue to market all the old 105 they can buy for cheap.
Thanks Rocco. I'm not in the market right now. Honestly, I haven't saved enough and I won't finance more than I can afford. I really want to buy the right bike the first time. I know people say to buy a beginner bike and upgrade, ride it, then upgrade. I want a nice bike, but nothing extreme. Willing to keep riding my old Rock Hopper until I can afford what I want. Obviously, by the fact that I bought my RH new, I tend to keep my stuff for a while. Thinking I'll end up with a Specialized Roubaix, Synapse, Defy, Felt Z etc. at the 105 level. When the day comes, I'll buy it. Until now, I learn and drool a lot. I just saw a price on Ultegra/105 that was lower than I thought it would be and posted for two reasons. If it was a smoking deal, people would say so and someone may be able to take advantage of it. And two, if it wasn't a great deal, people would say so and edumacate me. See, all comes back to me learning!