Old 03-18-13, 10:38 PM
skinnyguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why you should buy a Quarq! Customer Service.

I had purchased a used Quarq that I have had for the last 4 months. I has worked flawlessly until last week when it began to give me a few mid ride issues. One day it was okay next day no good. So I contacted Quarq and was instructed to send it in for them to have a look at it. They thought it may have an electronics pod problem. My unit was purchased by its first owner in February 2010. So that meant it was just out of the 2 year warranty they offer but was told that they could let it slide. Their customer service was very interactive. I received notification of its arrival to Quarq on Friday. I received and e-mail today that reads as follows:

Dan,

We have your powermeter ready for return shipment. Just to let you know, your S975 failed in-house testing. It has been replaced with the RIKEN powermeter since the S975 has been discontinued. The RIKEN is on a new platform with upgraded features including LED indicator and OMNICal (choice of chainrings will not compromise calibration accuracy).

Here is a link to the product info on our website: http://www.quarq.com/quarq-riken-10r

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel to contact our Customer service Team.

Lorrie Thorman

Quarq Customer Service

So a one day turnaround and they ship back a new quarq from a company that was not obligated to do anything from their end. The finest customer service I have ever experienced. All companies should take note of this. I am a Quarq user for life and that is all I have to say.