shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,441 Times in 2,764 Posts
Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Very strange culture differences with regard to age
I *never ever* talked about age until obliged to discuss my age after cops were called out to inspect me, by a supposedly, not genuinely, anxious person who knows very little about me, and they broke into my home.

I was away on business, at the time.
Im fit enough to ride an ordinary lightweight road bike, but prefer my e-bike for over 20 kms trips.
No one had ever said anything about *best behaviour* for seniors until that unnecessary and annoying intrusion.
*Since then*, suddenly
being 79, is considered a fragile state that needs surveillance and supervision.

Which In my own case, would be absolutely unnecessary, and I will not approve, or tolerate it.

I realized how different cultures think of, and treat those citizens considered 'elderly'. In asian countries, physical fitness is counted a social responsibility. Sports of all kinds for the most senior, supported, funded, encouraged.
Thats how I feel
Yes, more care may well be necessary.
But there must be no coercion, no obligation to accept any unwanted attention. Just because of a *number!*
My ebike is my best way to travel. Any more stress for being designated *elderly*, it could be top way. towing a small trailer, to escape! .

Hit the road Jack,
i wont be
Comin back, no more! no more! no more! No more!
IME, it takes a lot to draw the attention of those charged with the elderly and/or of diminished capacity. You might take that as a heads up and have a good chat with your doc.