Old 08-06-21, 08:44 AM
steelbikeguy

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked 3,379 Times in 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by masi61
This is the one with an LCD display showing run time. I rode in the rain the other day and I could see the moisture under the plastic cover for the LCD display. I hoped it would dry out. Well this morning I noticed it is “on”. I cycled through low, medium & high then off and this yellowish light turns itself back on!

I notice the Niterider has 3 screws so I am assuming I can disassemble it. I may do this just to investigate how much moisture got inside.

Can anyone speak to why my Niterider is now lit up continuously with this less than white light? Thanks.
step 1 would be to try to get Niterider to replace it under warranty.
step 2 would be to open it up and see what it looks like, and take pictures so we can see too.

Any sort of corrosion or crud could be conductive enough to cause the circuits to malfunction. It might be enough to let it dry out, or maybe dip a Q-tip in rubbing alcohol and clean off anything that shouldn't be there.
The components themselves can absorb moisture, which generally isn't good for them. As an electronics engineer, I've never heard the manufacturers ever discuss whether they might work correctly once dried out. They tend to emphasize keeping the moisture out.

Steve in Peoria
Likes For steelbikeguy: