Old 09-27-21, 02:25 PM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 1,395 Times in 762 Posts
Trek 720 Multitrack - take it or leave it?

My wife and I are out in the Albany NY area helping settle a friend's estate (more like getting her place ready for someone else to have an estate sale). Carol had a Trek 720 Multi-Track which she barely ever rode. I believe it is a 1990 model, TIG welded 4130 tubing, forged dropouts, SunTour XCT Accushift derailleur, etc. I suspect it's a 17-inch frame, but I haven't measured it. (Carol was only about 5'4".) The original Matrix tires look brand new. The only issue I can see is the inevitable chainstay paint loss from the kickstand (haven't pulled it to see if they are at all squashed).

I have to decide whether to take it with me or leave it for the estate sale. We're heading to Vermont for our son's wedding after this (anybody got a good father-of-the-groom toast?), and will need to decide whether or not to throw it on the bike rack on our way back to Chicago. I don't want/need it. I would only sell it and toss the money back into Carol's estate. What say the cognoscenti? Take it or leave it?