Old 03-22-22, 09:30 AM
freetors

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
People just out to pound out miles don't care about nice scenery if they're focused only on the road/wheel in front of them, so why waste time plotting a route that has it? They'd rather focus on plotting routes through well-maintained roads.

Long group rides work better with stretches without intersections that the organizers have to pay to have policed.

And this:

Those quiet, winding country roads with no traffic won't stay quiet and traffic-free if everyone knows about them.

For me, I get my hard training (and racing) done on Zwift. When I'm riding outside (almost never after getting hit last spring), I like to go for meandering rides where I can enjoy the scenery since worrying about traffic and all the stops and starts of intersections means I can't focus on getting a solid continuous workout in.
See, I think this is the kind of response I was hoping for, a logical explanation of why someone would choose to ride just any old road. It's not my cup of tea, but I can respect it. After all, we're all free to ride wherever we want.
Likes For freetors: