Old 11-15-17, 02:09 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Godsight
I know that the TK FRD comes with multiple length stem but I didn't know it came also with multiple "stem foot".

For a standard fork, having dedicated stem for each bar setup you have is the best and is the setup I have for my dolan. I could get a good deal on a 2015 TK FRD to replace the DF3 I currently have (DF3 is too small for me) but had reserves about the stem system and seatpost of the TK FRD.
The Bayonet system also comes with like 5x31.8mm stems, 5x26.0mm stems (an aerobar standard), an Ergostem thingy to turn it all into an Ergostem.

The seatmast is replaceable. So, if you cut it too short, just pull it out and replace it. Also, when I had mine cut, I had the guy cut some 5mm and 1cm shims so that I could insert them under the mast cap to go back up if needed.

ALSO, you can run a standard fork in a TK1 or TK FRD. Actually the current TK1 uses a standard fork. So, if the Bayonet system doesn't suit you, just order a standard fork from Felt. Any standard fork should work provided you use the right bearings and the offset is 40mm or more.

This is a standard fork using a standard stem on the 2016+ TK1: