Old 11-28-18, 03:19 PM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JuiceWillis
Yes that looks like an updated version. All my seated interval stuff is done on it, and it has the ability to adjust to 120mm spacing. I do not have a power meter on my track bike so for dedicated intervals the smart trainer was the way to go. I did attempt standing starts on it once by adding some deck tape to the roller, but the resistance just wasnt high enough even with a 100+ gear on the bike, so all pure sprint stuff i just do outdoors now if its not freezing out.
That's the beauty of my Wahoo Kickr....no wheel slipping on standing starts...I just have to use my road bike. This is where Carleton comes in with his modified Cycleops Pro 300 spin bike recommendation....still tempting. However, I'm no giant legged sprinter power house, so with my Kreitler rollers and the headwind fan resistance unit, fork stand, and fly wheel, I can easily get to the resistance I need for a standing start simulation. It's just a really space hogging contraption.