Old 07-29-21, 07:34 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1243:

We're getting a welcome break from the heat today. It's only supposed to hit 88°F, which is at least ten degrees cooler than it has been the last couple of days. With the humidity it had pushed the heat index well over 100°F the first three days of this week. Wind shifted out of the north, which isn't going to work in my favor on today's 22 mile ride, but I'm not going to complain too loud.

On Tuesday when I was coming across town at 2 PM so much sweat was pouring out from under my helmet that it drenched my eyes and completely blinded me, necessitating a stop to try and sop up what I could off of my heat with my already drenched shirt. Yesterday I broke out the full "80s Mike Reno sweat band" to try and alleviate the situation. It kind of works. More or less it just buys me about 10 extra miles before the sweat band gets drenched and then I find myself in the same situation.

They're actually talking about rain tomorrow. I hope so. We are in dire need of moisture, and I'm not going to complain one bit about riding in the rain if it helps the drought.