Old 12-30-21, 11:41 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2639 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
On a similar note, I tried my first FTP test indoors on Tuesday, since Fiesta Island was cold and muddy from the rains. Longer term, I like the idea of moving towards doing them indoors, since it's more practical and I might not always live next to a 20 min climb or open stretch of road with no interruption.

It went pretty crappy TBH. I tried it on Epic KOM since it's about 20 min at that level of effort for me. It's probably a bit too short of a segment anyway since when I get more fit, I'd run out of road. I was at the same number from my last test at 19' in, but I was a bit psyched out since I got a cryptic/seemingly urgent text from my mom a couple min prior (false alarm), and I was about to hit the ~30s downhill section and I like to ride at max trainer difficulty so it would have been challenging to keep the power up. But I knew that going in so I guess it was just poorly planned.

Not sure what I'll try next time; I'd like to develop some sort of routine. First 20' up the Alpe? Motor on Fuego Flats for a bit? It will be a work in progress.

If anyone else has any pro tips for doing FTP tests in Z, LMK.
Likes For TMonk: