View Single Post
Old 01-03-22, 06:37 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug64
A leather saddle does not have to look like a hammock to be comfortable. This is a Brooks Pro that I used for 30 years. It has some very shallow indentations, but it does not look like some leather saddles that I've seen.

I quit using Mink Oil on my work boots because it made the leather too soft. Snow seal is more leathr friendly.

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to see what one of your leather saddles looks like.

Where did I say hammock?

I said dimple.

I really hate when people put words in my mouth.

My saddle has a little bump where my sit bone is, no sag.

And the guy who posted a picture of the Fred who turned his bike upside down in the rain as if that is comparable to a brief dunk in warm water. Seriously? I have ridden my Berthoud for around 48 straight hours with zero butt discomfort and rode my B17 Special Ti for 5 weeks of 1000 miles per week. Both broken in the same way. A Brooks saddle is what 100-200 bucks? Much less than a high quality plastic saddle. All the tales of woe and pain breaking a B17 in. It can be done quickly and worth the risk to me. YMMV. One problem is the lousy QC on their leather and storage. Some are very thin, some are thick leather, and some are so dried out that they are brutal to break in.