View Single Post
Old 01-11-22, 10:38 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked 969 Times in 792 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Fat bikes are fun. I'm still pretty pleased with mine. In retrospect, I think I would prefer the option for narrower tires as most of my riding doesn't take full advantage of the float 4.6 offers. But... still a fun jeep jeep bike
Funny about pressures. I don't have a very specific gauge (just the one o my Park floor pump) and usually run mine quite high. I find I get enough cushion and desire the lower rolling resistance to cover longer distances.
Yes, I remember you saying that about narrower tires etc. A friend has 4.8 tires and it can roll over fresh loose snow and over logs etc much easier, but it does steer like a combine, where 4 inchers have a closer feel to a small tractor (ish of course)
On snow I really found getting lower and lower with pressures to be THE key difference, so bought a 0-15psi gauge and without it I couldn't have guessed what pressures it was when getting stupidly soft and squishy (but again, a huge difference in traction and not digging in in soft stuff, snow )
I've read a lot of how 1 psi really is felt , and creeping downwards in trying different pressures, lately I totally agree.