Old 01-22-22, 12:22 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2627 Post(s)
Liked 3,144 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mini opener ride this morning, 30 min on the TT bike for more time in position, then about 90 min outside, 40 or so with the first part of a race pace group ride. Race tomorrow.

My fitness is coming along as expected. I seem to always have great "slash and burn" type speed north of 6.0 w/kg and can get a gap and build it easily. Moreover, my endurance fitness clearly shows as I have multiple matches in the book, and I recover quite quickly after getting caught, being able to do it again and further splinter things after people are recovering after catching me. I can tell my "staying power" in the VO2 and threshold region needs to get brought up a bit, but that will come with more intervals and intensity. I've really just been riding long. For now, it's more than enough to terrorize a local group ride .

Racing tomorrow, cat 2/3 and then P/1/2 for training. I'm stoked that there is a cat 2/3 each time as part of this series (6 in total), could be a good way to grab some points. For tomorrow, my goal is to stir the pot, attack, and see who is willing and able to get up the road. Not too worried about it as it's so early. But hey, if I can stick a break and get some points, awesome, but for now I'm feeling relaxed about it and mainly looking to test the waters. Today I was quite pleased with my recovery from going into the red.
Likes For TMonk: