Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
What a time to waltz back over here.

We have a large team. Roughly 200+ in "members" being those that still want to be in the know. About 60 or so still licensing and racing actively. A mix of old grouchy masters and just of drinking age college kids. We sat back a long time ago and really started to question how to communicate. The old people just didn't use Facebook. The kids didn't use Facebook. Some weirdos who work for Google refused to use Facebook. Before that we had a private forum like this one - those days are LONG Gone. We added WhatsApp because at least a large portion of people were using it and it seemed like I could get the old people up to speed fairly quickly. Then everyone starts to talk about switching to slack and teams but no one agrees. We all decide that whatever anyone's hang-ups with WhatsApp were we weren't willing to sacrifice the little progress that had been made.

The best solution is multi-pronged for us and it sounds like most of you are similar

General team Information: Email. It still works and is the only form of communication that absolutely everyone has access to and still has to use daily. Young and old.
Ride information: WhatsApp. Substitute slack or teams or whatever you all swear is the best
Non-essential announcements and information: Facebook and WhatsApp...then copied into a team email when it comes around.
Communication while riding or racing indoors: Discord. I hate it. I don't understand it. I am the old man shaking his fist at the clouds but the "kids" and "gamers" just seem comfortable with it.

Likes For Psimet2001: