Voodoo76
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Nice - decided to come out here for a second and this thread is popped up again. My favorite. Still a source of many references when I see or talk to old forum members - every message I exchange with EventServices usually contains a reference

Timely as well as I am back doing group rides again. While I don't yell anymore I do offer encouragement and tips for how to beat me in the sprints. At least until I get dropped. Then I do the rest of the ride thinking about how (not) good I used to be and how much worse I am now and how I will most likely never get back to that level. Super sad when I realize even that level sucked.

I want to see more riders get back into the fun road stuff.
Good to hear that! I just can't get my group ride mojo going. I occasionally run across one on a couple popular local routes & hop on. I can still hold my own & settle in. Enjoy the effort, speed & the chat. I miss it but at the same time just have not had any urge to go find the rides, instead long solo's are the norm. I used to be just the opposite, something lacking... Perhaps Event chatting away about something totally unrelated to the ride, or complaining about his wardrobe? A goal for the year?, find a regular ride and consistently hit it.