cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by ofajen
Such good advice… yet I totally ignored that this weekend. Made three changes at once (longer stem, switch to bars with longer reach, switch to levers with more extension.)

So, a lotta change. I did two rides, and on the first one I thought “wow the hoods are a lot further forward and probably too much”. Today it was very windy and there were lots of times when the further reach was handy to get into a more aero position...
Just don’t do this at home. 😊
Otto
LOL! so, as much as I try real hard, I'll find myself changing more than 1 thing... When I do, 1/2 the time I end up retreating and starting over again, because I can;t figure out which changed element is mostly responsible for the 'result'... LOL! so I learn the lesson, again, over and over.
But the small incremental change thing is inviolate for me. I tend to 'experience' even the smallest of changes. like, if I'm off the bike for a considerable time (month or more) I find I have to reduce saddle extension by 3-4 mm for it to feel 'right'. Then after a month of riding, I find I have to move the extension back up again, done in 2 mm increments over 4-5 day interval.
I have so many extra Bars and stems, because I seem to constantly want to try some variation. Often, there are good results, but seemingly always with 'drawbacks' in other areas...
Some are fine with 'Set It and Forget It'; I'm not that guy... LOL!
Ride On
Yuri