View Single Post
Old 01-16-22, 01:51 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 3,736 Times in 1,835 Posts
[QUOTE=wrk101;22367895]The best deals on public sales outlets tend to have little to no information, and also tend to be sellers who don't quickly respond. I got a response once THREE WEEKS after I replied to an ad. Seller told me he had been busy.

WRK101 - similar thing happened here. As I said before, I got a message after midnight from the seller that said "come get it" with no address or contact. I replied with "Cash in hand, tell me where and when and I am there", and heard nothing for 48hrs, assumed it was sold or seller was a flake. This Friday opened the computer to messages from the seller 72hrs after my last contact that had address and phone number and "sorry i am never on the app" called him and he still had the bike. He told me it was worth three grand and he had gotten it from a millionaire, I asked if he was still ready to sell it to me for $150? He said "Yes" I said "Sold", bike is now in my kitchen. I will post pics soon, but it is all there and minus some cleaning in really nice shape.