Old 01-19-22, 11:20 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by flangehead
I've had good luck with inner tube rubber bands. They don't last forever (hence 2) but they last a long time and heaven knows, I've got a lot of raw material to work with...

​​​​​​I like the rechargeable AA or AAA systems for just this reason. Also, they just get dimmer whereas many of my USB-recharge lights turn off at low voltage. I run multiple lights forward/rear for redundancy, but I'd rather have a dim light than none at all.
I also have some cheap lights that I sometimes use around town near home, those I also use the same inner tube rubber bands you use, the inner tube rubber lasts much longer than regular rubber bands. But my Planet Bike lights do not need the rubber bands to hold them together, but perhaps they will some day with enough use.

I used to recommend the white color Ikea Ladda AAA and AA batteries over Eneloops, but they have changed their models and no longer make them. So, now I recommend Eneloops. I started using Eneloops over a decade ago, some of mine that are that old are still working like new.

Touring, I am charging up my batteries in a AA/AAA charger that is powered by USB, use my power bank to charge them, the dynohub charges up the powerbank.

The single green LED in the photo below means one AAA is still being charged, the others are charged up.

Likes For Tourist in MSN: