Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
@cubewheels

Using 20 or 18t on a rear cassette like a 10 speed 25-12 would cause lots of chain bending with the big cog... its a fine ratio for cruising otherwise.

shelbyfv

Yes overall very happy with the bike.. Best I've ever owned. I was looking around on local classifieds for a drop bar bike where the options were so limited before getting the road bike. I found this opus within 5 minutes of searching around on pinkbike. Should have done my shopping there from the start.

Where I live, the roads are old, cracked, ridden with potholes, and very sandy. The rail trails here are better suited to smaller 650b wheels and we have endless kilometers of fast flowing gravel.

I figured I'd write a thread on the opus reviewing it in detail, but only after I got my KHS figured out. Decided ill just stick to the original crank on the road bike and put the surly bars on.

As for the opus, it is the fastest, best handling, most stable bike I have ever ridden. Its a pretty sporty geomtery in my opinion without sacrificing comfort or stability in any way. I quickly got in tune with the geometry and found it easy to haul some serious speed through the sketchy turns around here with loose sand everywhere. The handling is light, predictable, very direct and communicative and you can easily correct tire slip with little drama when pushing the bike.

I really like the 1x drivetrain, the sram seems to shift better than the otherwise identical shimano deore setup I have on my Felt.
Likes For Moisture: