View Single Post
Old 09-27-22, 08:38 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Well, since this is a "how does it ride" thread, let me tell you about a ride I do each year. It's Storming Of Thunder Ridge which is linked below. Every year, I acquire a different bike, fix it up to take on the mountain and give it a spin. A couple of 72 models, and lots of early to late 80s models. 531, Columbus SL, Tange 1, 2, Ishiwata, etc, etc. Next year's bike is a Tange Prestige frame. The bikes usually get the same or very similar crank, shifters and derailleurs. They use either 126 or 130 wheelsets with the same hubs, rims, spokes and tires. Same Selle Turbo saddles. The only significant difference is the frames. Usually there's only a short shakedown ride to make sure everything works, then it's off to the event. It's the ultimate test ride for the frames.

How do they compare? Other than the subtle handling differences between the sport tourers and the pure race frames, they all ride about the same. The 2 72 models have a little more spring. They all disappear under me and become an extension of my being. That's all I want in a frame, nothing more.

https://www.ymcacva.org/100-miler-century

Last edited by seypat; 09-28-22 at 07:10 AM.
Likes For seypat: