Old 01-20-11, 06:11 AM
Sundance89

Bikes: [IMG]http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/89ScottG/TourdeScottsdalePic.jpg[/IMG]

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thulsadoom
You can't just carry a gym bag in the NOmad and leave it locked up with your bike out in front of the gym while you're working out?
Would I be asking this question if so? I was very specific with my question and you hardly offer any experience with either having personally toured with a Burley Travoy or an opinion on if you would or would not. Still, I'll answer your response. . . No.

I carry much more than a "gym bag" full of items while touring, otherwise ahh yes . . , I guess I would just take my gym bag in with me. The Nomad is filled to capacity. Additionally, the cargo rack carries the larger items like my sleeping pad and sleeping bag. So security is my concern (for the trailer as well). I might as well leave a sign to "please help yourself to the rest of my belongings" while I take your suggestion.

I do organize my packing into separate duffle bags as much as I can, but still it would be cumbersome, to say the least, to unload and "carry" it all in the gym. Thus, the idea of just rolling the Travoy and then simply breaking it down to fit in a locker has its appeal. Perhaps your response was not meant as snarky as it appears. But again, my interest (and question) is in the "Travoy's" performance when used while touring.