Old 05-26-12, 01:13 PM
Traceyge

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Touring 2 that I use a Burley Travoy with

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A resounding YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have toured, camped, shopped, etc., with my Burley Travoy and contrary to Bekologist (gotta love it when people give uninformed opinions), who is so totally wrong, it is a great system and highly recommended. I love the way it follows behind my bike and I have just returned from a camping trip over gravel roads, rough torn-up roads, paths, regular streets, etc., with 50# of gear in it and although I had to gear down 1-2 on steep hills, it was a breeze. Going down hills, also a breeze and what's really great about it, is whenever I stopped, all I had to do was lock up my bike and unhitch my Travoy and take it with me. I tore it down and packed it into it's accompanying bag and stowed it in my tent and all was great. I love it and ditched my panniers. There's also a fellow who did a 900+ KM tour in New Zealand with it (google that), who had NO PROBLEMS at all! So, don't listen to those who "think" they know what they're talking about - until they walk the walk, all they do is talk the talk. So, Bekologist - now what have you got to say for yourself? Blog: www.grandmacyclist.com/