View Single Post
Old 04-02-21, 08:12 PM
rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 974 Post(s)
Liked 512 Times in 352 Posts
Yes, like the other comments, for pacing and for post ride review. The review isn't for a training program, I just think it's interesting. (Years ago, I got a Garmin just for map routing, but found I liked looking at the rides afterwards. How steep was that grade? How fast was that straight flat road? etc.
And now I get credit for those strong headwinds! A hard effort at low mph.

I really like the pacing on long climbs, it's quick feedback compared to seeing heart rate.

My 4iiii power meter quit working last year. It was just a few months out of warranty, but they didn't help me with a discount or anything. Quite disappointing. I put off getting a new power meter, but I did miss it. I installed a Stages left crank meter a few months ago. It works better than the 4iiii, with an easy zero offset, no data dropouts and no weird 1-second high power readings.

As the weather warms up, I like knowing that my efforts this year are comparable to previous years. I can feel slow in this season, but it's normal, and not that much slower anyway.

As noted in a comment above, kilojoules, which are reported by any ride software, like Strava or Golden Cheetah, are quite close to calories burned. 1000 kj = 1000 calories, probably within 10 or 15%. It's amazing how few calories are burned while riding!

Last edited by rm -rf; 04-02-21 at 08:20 PM.