View Single Post
Old 06-27-21, 03:37 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,993 Times in 1,778 Posts
Just to add to this a bit for anyone that finds it searching on Pashley's. Did my longest ride on the Guv'nor this morning. 41 miles around the valley I live it. Had not planned on going that far but this bike just carry's you in such comfort that you don't want to get off. I don't know how to qualify how good it does on the shallow hills but it just seems to keep rolling up them on it's own. Mixed route today of rough bike path, smooth bike path, paved town roads, crappy chipseal roads and even some gravel. It handled all of it comfortably. Did some more "testing" of it today at higher speeds. The drum brakes pulled me down crisply from 25 mph and I still had more brake if I needed it. Did some higher speed runs in third gear holding 20+ mph easily and the bike tracked beautifully and seemed like it would easily carry this speed for as long as I wanted. I did add in some short steep hills today and one was not that much fun in 1st gear. This is one area where the bike doesn't shine. If you are used to standard road bike geometry this feels weird and cumbersome when you stand and climb with it. But that said, it went up just fine and there was no slipping from the 3 speed.

Last edited by jamesdak; 06-28-21 at 08:20 AM.
Likes For jamesdak: