Old 12-09-21, 04:58 AM
poprad

Bikes: 07 Vanilla, 98 IRD road frame built up with 25th Ann DA, Surly cross check with 105 comp, 78 Raleigh Comp GS, 85 Centurionelli

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 191 Posts
Oh man...how did I miss this thread? Watches! I love 'em all...from the pocket variety to the newest mechanicals...I draw the line at the touch screen stuff, which I equate to the watch version of carpet fiber frames. Now I have to go through some of mine and post...sadly my rail-era engineer ones are in a safe in Oregon.

I'll start with this, perhaps my coolest from a pure engineering perspective. If you haven't read the story of the Seiko Spring Drive movements you're missing out. As someone who was once an electronics tech and also a mechanic this one hits all the cool points. When you see one the first time the constant glide movement of the second hand is almost spooky. I got this titanium GMT as a "I survived" gift after a bad crash on the bike last summer:

It doesn't look as big on the wrist as this pic angle makes it appear, and despite its size it's very light due to the Ti case.

Seiko really is the Shimano of the watch world to me. I have several, and was hooked when I got one of their basic SKX dive models back in 1997. They're damn near indestructible, and after 23 years that thing still keeps very acceptable time and has never been serviced beyond cleaning.

Will post more later, thanks for starting this one OP.

Last edited by poprad; 12-09-21 at 05:01 AM.
Likes For poprad: