View Single Post
Old 04-09-22, 05:27 PM
joey buzzard

Bikes: Swift Folder, Haro Vector, Sundeal V1 mini-velo,1991 Peugeot 531 Reynolds road bike with Campy wheels and Ultegra 6600 groupset

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 96 Posts
I like the bullet. Essentially it's an aluminium longjohn. I've owned two longjohn style bikes (both homemade frames -one I bought in Jylland and rode around Copenhagen for a couple years and the other one I paid a guy in Belfast who welded together bike frames to make for me). I don't have either of these anymore. In fact I've sort of gone to the opposite extreme and ride a 20" Swift folder which is a far sportier bike that takes up much less space than even a conventional road bike let alone a cargo bike. I enjoyed both my longjohns while I had them but unless I ever get a place I can store it indoors and have a need for them I think that my days of big cargo bikes are over.

That said, hypothetically if I were in the market for a cargo bike now and I had a pot of cash to spend on it I probably wouldn't splash it out on a Bullit or any other type of longjohn. Instead I'd consider an Omnium. When I was in Berlin a couple of years ago I noticed a lot of the couriers were using these. The main advantage the Omnium bikes have over a conventional longjohn is that the load is carried above the fork so a bulkier shaped package can be more easily carried.

https://omniumcargo.dk/shop/product-...ames/classics/

​​​​​Anyone have any experience with Omnium bikes? Like Bullit also made in Denmark.

Last edited by joey buzzard; 04-10-22 at 02:18 AM.