Thread: Cargo Bikes
View Single Post
Old 08-11-22, 08:40 AM
suprchunk

Bikes: Cannondale, old hybrid. Trek racing, various e-bikes and old BMX bikes. Too many (lol)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
Rad Power is under scrutiny right now due to a lawsuit. You can find the grim details elsewhere. Some bike shop mechanics over on MTBR have been unsparing in their criticism of the handling but I wonder how much of it is just the long wheelbase. Long bikes do handle a lot differently. Some of them blamed the fat tire on a 20" rim which makes no sense because that describes any motorcycle.
I've had issues with them as well, so I'm not surprised. Especially from the way they "handled" my issue. I do not recommend them. At all.

R&M is good. Bullitt is good. Urban Arrow, Butcher, and a few others are great bikes. I'd have zero issue recommending any of those. I'm partial to Bullitt, but when you lay out that much cash you should have some bias involved. Though if I were to buy an R&M I doubt I'd say anything different.

It also depends, style-wise at least to me, what you will be mostly using it for. I don't think I could handle a three-wheel version that well, but that's just me.