Old 02-19-21, 01:32 PM
Narhay

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked 568 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
I bid on and won an item I needed from a seller in Europe. I've communicated with the seller and AFAIK the seller seems like a very decent person. But the seller does not have his account linked with eBay and is asking that I pay directly via paypal (and thereby avoiding eBay).

I just don't think that's a good idea, right? My guess is that this has to be contrary to eBay's rules. Plus why would I want to lose any protection I might have from eBay by circumventing their payment system.

Also the seller wants the payment via paypal to be friends and family to avoid the fees. I don't like that either since I have zero protection if the goods aren't as pictured or if any other problem crops up.

Avoiding eBay for payment has to be a really bad idea, right? And doing friends and family for an international transaction via paypal seems like a really, really bad idea.
Friends and family and outside Ebay = no recourse if it doesnt get shipped or it arrives damaged or not as described. Theres only negative for you. The seller may be trying to honestly save a few pennies but you take all the risk for no gain.
Likes For Narhay: