View Single Post
Old 08-06-11, 01:55 PM
bikinggrrrl

Bikes: old Merlin, Santana Beyond, & a mommy bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
YeeHaw! Got to do a short little ride with Cmolway towing his little man while we towed ours. Shared the Sherman Bridge loop then relaxed at Emerson Park while the boys played. Of course I forgot to take photos.

Rod, I am starting to see more snakes these days too. I don't know much about snakes, except that I freak out if they are in my house. Perhaps they are starting to lay the groundwork for hibernation? Or maybe these cooler nights lure them to the warm pavement and make them too sluggish to get out of the way before the next car comes along?

Very cool sight, once again, on the backside of the Old North Bridge. Approaching the summit of the hill, a red tailed hawk swooped down to try to snag something on the other side of the road next to us. He dropped through the trees at a tremendous speed and when about 10 feet off the ground he sat up, spreading wings and tail feathers as large as he could with feet and talons reaching out in front of him. When he spotted us (he was less than 5 feet off the ground), he aborted the hunt and retreated back up into the canopy as silently but not as swiftly as he had come in. It was beautiful!