View Single Post
Old 08-07-11, 07:29 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Well, we did get a ride in today after all. By late afternoon the sun had come out so when an email invitation from pocky came in Sharon shoved me out the door. Pocky and I planned to meet up in Waverly Square at 5:30 and ride out to Concord and back. That meant getting home perhaps 8PM or later so Sharon made me take the Peugeot because it has lights. Pocky had lights too, which was good because we ended up getting home about 8:30.

It was a very pleasant, if humid, run out through Lexington, Bedford, Concord. We had some nice conversation and general visitin' on the bikes, something I don't get to do very often. We talked about bikes of course, and tandems, and Concord, and life in general. We spent a few minutes walking over the North Bridge and then headed home. By the time we got back to Lexington evening was setting in so we flipped on our lights for the rest of the run. (My brother called my cell phone then too. Good timing. I have to call him back. After dinner.)

The light served us well coming down the hills past Belmont CC and McLean Hospital. 31.2mph on a bumpy surface in growing darkness... By the time we got to Waverly it was pretty dark. So the possible beer session didn't happen. Bummer, maybe next time.

It was great to meet fellow BF member pocky. Great ride too, and unexpected considering the morning's weather. 34.5mi. Thanks for the prompt!