Old 07-24-21, 12:28 AM
philpeugeot 

Bikes: Bike Friday PRP, Bike Friday NWT, Bromton M6R, 1991 Miyata 914, 1991 Miyata 1000, 1986 Raleigh Portage, many more frames

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 182 Posts
I had been putting off riding thanks to a hit and run and summer classes, but I finally went out today on the 760. I put in a bit more that 23 miles today while going to REI to pick up some bike bits, so I've still got 65 miles left. The comfort still astounds me and was much appreciated over the poorly maintained roads. It isn't as bomb-proof as my much-missed Miyata, but the 760 still copes well with the Bay Area's worst. It could be the Avocet saddle, or the under-inflated tires, but it really is amazing.
I didn't really take any noteworthy pictures, but here goes.

At the REI. The folks were nice, and a guy gave me a canvas bag at the front. Apparently, they'll give you a free bag...every time you bike the store. I was so impressed that I signed up for their membership. Or maybe that's just the power of salesmanship. Whatever the case, the guy there have good customer service.

Stopped at a park on the way back home to catch my breath. I haven't bike for quite some time.

Oops, forgot to mention the bell. An extra $5, which brings my total to $69.64.