Old 02-21-23, 01:30 PM
Jjbailey930

Bikes: Trek Domane, Felt Z85, CAAD 7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 18 Posts
New again - N. VA/DMV

Howdy - I believe I was a member in 2012 or so when I got back into serious riding with a new Trek Alpha 2.1 at 52. Did a lot of riding on that for 10 years so I decided at 60/61 time for an update. Trek Domane SL5 last March with 32cm, tubeless. What a great, comfortable ride. But I found out this was not compatible with my Wahoo Kickr. So I went in search of a trainer body since I traded in the Alpha.

First I found a local good samaritan/repair guy with a 90s Trek 1200 for $200. Turns out it had gears replaced with Campy 3 x 8. So we worked out a deal. Unfortunately, the frame was too small at 54cm. I posted a picture on FB group for vintage/high end. I got so much grief of the saddle and bar setup that I gave it back to Tom when I found a 58cm Felt Z85. Actually it is much more comfortable on the trainer with minimal adjustments. And it was practically unridden. Getting in 80K or so a week as i still work (from home). Was going to post a picture but I have to have 10 posts.....so this is post 1.
Cheers and hope to see locals out on the WO& D and some gravel in Loudoun.
John