View Single Post
Old 03-21-23, 05:06 PM
EVlove

Bikes: 1980 Dawes Super Galaxy + 1981 Lotus Classique + 1986 Bianchi Sport SX + 2005 Van Dessel Project WR + 2021 Zizzo Liberté

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 479 Times in 219 Posts
I finally got back on a bike after over a month of snow break today. I probably could have gotten one last technically-winter ride in yesterday, but word on Facebook was that the BFRT north of Acton was still dotted with icy patches, and I was in no mood to stay entirely on roads that are at their seasonally worst right now. It's been a lot of plow passes since my last outing!

I grabbed the Bianchi at around 2pm and headed off on my familiar route to the BFRT at High St, and from there to H[e]art Pond. The trail was almost completely clear and dry, and pretty popular. It was windy but not too bad at all. I found the pond completely ice-free and was surprised to see two kayaks way off on the choppy water. One looked like a fishing rig, the other was clearly more of a fun & exercise craft, hugging the wooded shore so as not to be blown clear across. Very likely a first tentative outing, as well. I mentally saluted the kindred spirit and continued on my earth-borne way. Homeward via Hunt Road rather than the BFRT, a little apprehensive as my traffic reflexes felt dulled by the month-long break, but there were few cars, and no major potholes. 7.8 miles and 357 vertical feet.
Likes For EVlove: