Old 06-29-22, 10:21 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10234 Post(s)
Liked 5,178 Times in 2,222 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Did you get a bike fit when you got the Madone? If so, what type and what were your impressions?

Impressions of the bike fit or impressions of the madone?

I had the manager of trek, who is also a friend of mine, fit me to the madone when it came in. It wasn’t technical like a professional bike fit, but he did take his time and I have not had any issues with pain or discomfort on the madone.

I ordered a 56 and a 58. I can’t remember which came first but they had a 56 in stock and there was no way that was going to work. Even with the extra long mast. On the 58, the one I bought, I have extra long mast at its max height. He thinks I could have gone 61, but I was concerned about the reach. If I ever buy an emonda I might consider a 61.

As far as the bike? I love it. Super smooth, super comfortable. Accelerates fast, corners well. I have not messed with the iso speed at all, but I don’t find bumps in the road any more or any less comfortable than the cervelo. The parkway is a rough riding road, and I think the madone feels better on that road with 28mm then my cervelo with 32mm.

If you are going to get one. I highly recommend doing what I did. Get the Sl6 with shimano di2 and then get the SLR cockpit. It will be cheaper than getting the lowest SLR model and comes with better components.