Old 08-21-19, 02:25 AM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 1,059 Times in 633 Posts
Originally Posted by bakerjw
I left work today down a 1/2 mile descent to a top light. Luckily there were 4 cars ahead of me, but I could hear a dump truck idling behind me. When the light turned green, I was able to stick to the cars ahead of me and sustain 30mph to the next light. Where I ended up hearing a dump truck idling behind me. The light changed and it was a sprint to the next red light which is common for this stretch of road. After this it turns into a 4 lane divided road where I pull into the far right lane that has a bike lane. The light turns green and I have a little trouble getting my left foot clipped in. This $%$$hole in the dump truck rides right up on my back wheel and ends up clearing my left elbow by about 2 feet.
Had a great commute this morning only to almost get taken out by a dump truck of all things.
Rest of the commute was okay so no harm, no foul. I'm still breathing. Although the rain let loose about a mile from home and I got a little wetter.
I got passed yesterday in the mountains by a big Cal Trans truck with a big snow plow on the front, that stuck out about 2 feet to the right. I'm going up a hill with the sun in my eyes. The guy in the truck is like, "LOL, I almost forgot about that plow sticking out" and swerves just slightly at the last second, giving me about 2 feet.

I'll take getting hit by a side mirror any day, over a snow plow.