Old 04-11-21, 09:14 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,875 Times in 2,315 Posts
And now I see that you started this thread with that data, as in first sentence. I should have picked up on that. My concerns that the OEM clamp really wasn't designed/made with such frequent tightening and loosening in mind, generally road bikes don't see anywhere near the same number of cycles of use that MtBs do. And enough MtB clamps become problematic so they're available in the aftermarket and often stocked at your LBS (we have maybe a dozen on our shelves right now). But as mentioned that non round post isn't any help with all this. I hope that the OEM post is a tight fit with no slop. I guess i would try building up a round clamp and findout if it holds up. Both the post better and the filler material you use to fit the clamp to the non round seat tube. Andy