View Single Post
Old 09-15-21, 05:54 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 5,012 Times in 1,783 Posts
Well, the blue Lemond made it into the "club" today also. Just not sure if it really counts. Was put back on Prednisone yesterday to try and clear up my lungs. Makes me really agitated and I couldn't sleep last night. Today at work was more of the same. So I don't know if the steroid is just helping me breath normal or "enhancing" me. Anyway, after starting off easy the first couple of miles I managed to do a 25.13 mile ride in 1:18:33 with 507ft of climbing. Avg pace was 19.2 mph but it really hurt to do that. HR was still higher than normal like has been happening the past couple of weeks and the lungs hurt but today they didn't "break down" from the effort. I did have to fight a pretty good headwind coming home and in the last mile when I thought I was going to fall short I saw 180 bpm as I fought for speed. That unusually high for me. I checked my stats and for all the other 19+ rides of the year my avg HR was between 143-156 bpm. Today it was 163 bpm. So what was it made that made this work today, the bike, the steroids'. or maybe, just maybe it was the Triple Western Bacon Cheeseburger I had for lunch today from Carls Jr. Not even kidding, maybe the "juice" is Carl's Jr junk food, LOL!

Italian built Lemond and Campagnolo, it' just has to go fast no matter what!

Last edited by jamesdak; 10-28-21 at 07:54 AM.
Likes For jamesdak: