View Single Post
Old 03-09-22, 12:57 AM
Jipe

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 247 Times in 211 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I don't know about other companies but BF not only designs and manufactures their frames in the US but they also craft numerous other things here as well, like the unique headset adjustment tool which is made in a guy's garage a few miles from their shop and provides work for a local US guy. They cut and finished both the aftermarket titanium seat and stem masts I ordered up in Eugene; I don't know where the titanium came from but all the work was done locally. With rare exception, all bikes use non-US components (although you CAN spec out Paul Components on a BF if you can afford them!).
Its the same in Europe, unless you use a Campagnolo groupset or Rohloff speedhub, those components must come from Asia, there are no other local manufacturing (local manufactured wheels, tires, bike lights can be found).

Many people complain about the price of the Brompton (which isn't that high actually) but forget that the frame is fully Made in UK by UK guys providing work to UK people not Chinese people.