View Single Post
Old 03-09-22, 07:14 PM
jfouellette

Bikes: 1999 Bike friday NWT, 2009 Bike Friday Tikit, 2023 silverock Dewy, 2008 Dahon Smooth Hound, 2023 Litepro Trifold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by DLBroox
I’m really sorry I opened this can of worms. I think it’s great that Bike Friday designs and builds their own stuff. But in the end I couldn’t rationalize paying two thousand dollars for a bike. I’m a high school teacher trying to survive on a daily basis in a really f’d up situation thanks to the pandemic and this Lotus is affordable and will bring me joy. It also helps some guy scratching out his own living here in the states. So whether he’s designing or just building them I really don’t care.

So carry on with your autopsy of my comment about supporting a small business. I’m leaving the party. Turn the lights out and lock the door when you leave. See ya.
You started a good thread that got derailled. If people want to make a point about the country of origin of a bike. They can open a new thread. BTW there are custom made bike manufacturers around. Great if you can afford them. Low price points require a different business model.