Old 07-28-22, 10:07 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,363 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
It's interesting to see what different states do for bike regulations. So I took a closer look at your's. This links to fuller set of regulations dealing with bicycles and cyclist.

https://www.dot.ny.gov/display/progr...fety_laws/laws

Interesting right off the bat that a bicycle in the State of New York is apparently not considered a vehicle. That's one difference I don't think I like at all. Being considered a vehicle is what gives me more rights to ride my bike where I desire and follow a standards set of rules with less if's and's or but's that both motor vehicles drivers and I will be aware of. How likely is it that a motor vehicle driver will know the differences a cyclist is supposed to follow on the road? Dumb motorist's notwithstanding!
I was just looking up the topic of the thread. Found those incidentally. I guess I should have expected that someone would want to argue about something that isn't the topic of the thread and further derail it.

I would hope the things I pointed out would be just food for thought and others investigate for themselves without thinking they have to one-up the other person.
You really went off the tracks with this nonsense.

I would hope the things I pointed out would be just food for thought and others investigate for themselves without thinking they have to one-up the other person.
Except what you "pointed out" was misleading.

A bicycle is also a vehicle in my state.
So what? It doesn't matter!

Last edited by njkayaker; 07-28-22 at 10:15 AM.