View Single Post
Old 10-16-19, 02:10 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,391 Times in 3,675 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemond1985
I've had about 4-5 bikes stolen over the years. One of them was stolen, recovered, and then stolen again. None were locked up, so I learned my lesson eventually, and make no exceptions for leaving unattended bikes unlocked these days.

But it's it's difficult thing to untangle after the thing has changed hands several times, each owner paying fair market value. I pay so little for my rides, they can have back whatever parts I've still got, heck I've got way too many bikes as it is anyway.
Same here, the Raleigh was the last one of many that I had stolen over the years, now they are always Fort Knoxed, always.

Had one of my modern Fuji's locked up at the store awhile back, came out and sketchy dude sitting on the bench says "3 locks, really" said "yep, really", looked down to unlock, looked up and he was gone, two Ulocks and a cable for the Brooks had him trippin.