View Single Post
Old 02-08-20, 12:19 PM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by biketampa
so what is the purpose of the magnetic cover? any issues attaching a saddle bag? Did you adjust the saddle height compared to regular seatpost?
It protects the mechanism from debris but Redshift told me it was done just to make people sure that anything wrong will happen and you can run the post without the cover. To be honest, it looks kind of weird, especially with the rope attached and the magnetic bolt can be sometimes irritating when it attaches to the wrench while installing the saddle.

Saddlebag could be a problem because of the movement of the whole mechanism. I will ask Erik from Redshift about that to be sure. And yes, this post has around 6 mm of sag, so you should adjust the saddle height accordingly. But this is a small adjustment and to be honest you will barely feel the difference even if you don't adjust the saddle height at all.

Originally Posted by DrIsotope
No offense to anyone involved, but in my mind it's bonkers that the Redshift post (which uses two springs) costs more than a PNW Coast (which is a hydraulic dropper with air suspension.)

As a happy owner of a PNW Pine, dropper > anything else.
I am very interested in finding out how PNW Coast performs. Hopefully, I will get one soon for testing!