Old 07-08-20, 05:28 PM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
Paint: Shimmering, iridescent bright green/chartreuse of some sort (love porshe rhodium silver coler but don't think sliver shows as well on a biker frame.....but maybe with green lug lines?)

Group: Shimano ultegra with 11/34 and compact crank high performance and value, feels a little more durable than durace, but would consider doing durace
Wheels: area I most at a conundrum on direction. 32 spoke. Probably tubular (doing a real life tubie/clinche comparison to help decide) Not sure if just do Ultegra or Durace (if 32) or something like Chris King, leaning to Hed rims. thoughts?
I love those radioactive metallic chartreuse greens that were common in the 70s. Coincidentally, that's a bike color that is also on my list of to be acquired... I think I had some Hot Wheels that color as a kid. I'm glad I'm not the only one with no taste. LOL.

Chris King hubs are crazy noisy. Make sure that's what you want. My main road wheels these days use White Industries T11 hubs, and I'm very happy with them FWIW. They are reasonably quiet if I skirt the rules and lube the pawls with Phil Tenacious oil.

Realistically, I'm pretty set for custom Dream Bikes after getting a metallic purple Mercian Audax, for general road riding. That is however unlikely to stop possible n+1 action in the future.